Helicopter Flying School
4. Type Rating revalidation
You are concerned if your type rating is still valid:
- A type rating is valid for 12 months. Each year you need to complete a Proficiency Check to stay current and valid to fly.
- The type rating revalidation can be done within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating.
- Hold a valid class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate
For single-engine piston helicopters :
- Complete at least 2 hours as a pilot of the relevant helicopter type within the validity period of the rating. The duration of the proficiency check may be counted towards the 2 hours.
- Pass a proficiency check in the relevant type
For single-engine turbine helicopters with a MTOM equal to or less than 3175 Kg :
1. Applicants hold only one type rating:
- Complete at least 2 hours as a pilot of the relevant helicopter type within the validity period ofthe rating. The duration of the proficiency check may be counted towards the 2 hours.
- pass a proficiency check in the relevant type
2. Applicants hold more than 1 type rating; they may achieve revalidation of all the relevant type ratings by completing the proficiency check in only 1 of the relevant types held, provided that they have completed:
- 300 hours as PIC on helicopters
- 15 hours on each of the types held
- at least 2 hours of PIC flight time on each of the other types during the validity period
The proficiency check shall be performed each time on a different type
In accordance with flight training hourly rate. Quote on request