Helicopter Flying School
9. FIH Rating revalidation and renewal
* Flight Instructor Rating is valid for a period of 3 years
- For the REVALIDATION of a FI-H rating, the holder shall fulfill 2 of the following 3 requirements:
Complete at least 50 hours of flight instruction in helicopter as F-IH during the period of validity of the rating
Attend an instructor refresher seminar (ground knowledge instruction) within the validity period of the rating
Pass, an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
- For at least each alternate subsequent revalidation, the holder shall have to pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935.
- For the RENEWAL of a FI-H rating, if the FI certificate has lapsed or if the holder didn't complete 50 hours of flight instruction during the period of validity of the rating, the applicant shall, within a period of 12 months before renewal :
Attend an instructor refresher seminar
Pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935
All year long, Azur Hélicoptère organizes on demand the instructor refresher seminar (b) and skill test for revalidation or renewal of the FI-H rating (c)
- Instructor refresher seminar (minimum of 4) : 2 days / €400
- Skill test for revalidation or renewal of the FI-H rating : in accordance with flight training hourly rate + examineer's fees